Monday, January 23, 2012

Redneck Representation and an Anniversary!!

Now ya'll know I am just as country as the next person - But I do believe there is a difference in some of us country folks -Saturday night I am scrolling through Facebook and I keep seeing all these post about My Big Redneck Vacation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzvOL6p5S3M- and Bayou Billionaires so of course I have to find out what all the fuss is about - because they're about people from Shreveport. Little did I know how much of a disappointment it would be ( I have to keep watching because it's kinda like a train wreck you can't turn away from :/) Really, now I know they're are people in Louisiana who have a little less class than some (heck, I'm pretty sure there are some of those in EVERY state!!) but why for the love of pete do these shows always have to come from Louisiana!!! The link I posted doesn't show the one scene that really got in my crawl - where the "ladies" (and I use that term loosely) go the market in The Hamptons and ask the butcher for NUTRIA RAT and RACCOONS!!!! Are you kidding me??? WE DO NOT EAT THOSE THINGS!!! and better yet, you CAN NOT find those in markets HERE (it's illegal to resale wild game!!!) so why did these woohoo's think they could buy them there! Just to make us ALL look like stark raving lunatics? Now, that I'm through ranting about these goobers from (I was told) DeSoto parish - if anyone is interested in seeing real Southern women (families) and how we behave and yes that includes but is not limited to: having fun with our families, church going, family dinners that do not include beer, watching kids play ball, having friends over to grill out, hunting, fishing, water sports on Lake Claiborne) - I'll be glad to give you our address!! As for the Bayou Billionares http://www.cmt.com/show/bayou_billionaires/series.jhtml - seeing as how I'm not getting any money from the Haynesville Shale - and I'm trying to be has happy as possible for those who are, they didn't grate my nerves quite as bad other than their crazy trip to the Shreveport Country Club which I think was for the sole purpose of acting like gomers just for TV.
Sorry for my rant, I'm actually pretty proud to be from Louisiana - it's a gorgeous state - if you get out of the mud pits!!!

Ok - on to the good part!! Michael and I celebrated 12 years of wedded bliss yesterday. Well, maybe not "bliss" but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Every year we have challenges and every year we perservere. We've both grown these past 12 years - in our hearts and our pants size!! but there's just more to love and I'm looking forward to 50 more years with him!! I say this regularly, that we are so blessed to be surrounded by couples who are reaching their Golden Anniversary or have already reached this awesome milestone. It gives us such hope and anticipation for the future!!


Well, thanks for reading this blog - sorry for the "rant"  and thanks for all the WELL WISHES on our anniversary!!

Peace, Love, and Country Living (my way)
Jen

1 comment: